Welcome to the Community Education Building...
This new initiative is a result of the generosity of Bank of America, and is dedicated to offering a world-class public education experience to over 2,000 students in Wilmington, Delaware. The CEB will partner with high performing charter schools and community-based support organizations to achieve its vision of preparing students as citizens of a global village.
Coming Summer 2014
The Community Education Building will formally open its doors to tenants in the summer of 2014, with the goal of having students starting school in the building that fall.
- October 2012 - First cohort of tenants selected
- February 2013 - Bank of America transfers title of the building to the CEB
- Spring 2013 - Facility build-out begins
- Spring 2013 - Selection process for second cohort of tenant schools
- June 15, 2014 - School Certificates of Occupancy issued
- July 1, 2014 - Schools access facilities
- Fall 2014 - Schools open
We expect our facilities to be at capacity in 2017/2018 as tenant schools grow their enrollment. The CEB school selection process will be completed once four high performing charter schools have become CEB tenants. This process is expected to cover a 24-month period with the initial cohort chosen in the fall of 2012, and a second in the spring of 2013. Thereafter, additional school selection processes will be conducted as needed.